Thank you for this opportunity to learn more about you and your books.
1. Please start by giving us some background about yourself.
I have been writing interracial romances about three and a half years now. I have always had a love for the genre and hoped maybe one day I would be able to make my mark in the field. With the encouragement from my family and friends I finally decided to take that step with my first book Taken by Storm.
2. Why did you become a writer? Who influenced you? I became a writer because I wanted to share my gift with people. I wanted someone to be able to purchase one of my books and get lost in the world of romance like I do when I read one of my favorite authors. I get influenced each and every day. I canâ€™t just pick one thing that draws me to write one of my books.
3. As a multicultural author, did you have stumbling blocks placed in your way or was there a fresh market for your books? Yes, I had several stumbling blocks. God, I got SO many rejections for my first book that I almost just said forget about it, but I stayed with it because I donâ€™t like giving up without trying to invest a 100% into everything I do.
4. What should readers look for in your books? I think readers should look for unique stories that will have them talking about my books with their friends and families. Sometimes I have heroes that my fans with love and sometimes I have heroes that they will hate with a passion. However, as long as I get a reaction I have done my job as a writer and Iâ€™m pleased with that.
5. Please tell us about your current March release LUCKY CHARMS. Oh, I love Lucky Charms because Patrick Kaye isnâ€™t the usual hero that I write about. Usually my men are drop-dread gorgeous and with huge amounts of confidence pouring from them (Alpha males). Patrick is different. Heâ€™s more studious and has to work a little harder for his love interest to see the hunk underneath all of his layers. I think my fans new and older will be very pleased with Patrick Kaye. They will get introduced to Patrick in March because his book will be released from Phaze Books.
6. What was your favorite book to write? I get asked this question a lot and I still have to say that my favorite book to write was Taken by Storm. Storm will always hold a special place in my heart. A lot of my heroes have come close to taking it, but none of them have yet.
7. Do you have any up coming projects that you would like to share? Yes, I working on a new series for Red Rose Publishing called The Williams Sisters. In addition, Iâ€™m working on several sequels to my most popular books like The Men of CCD, The Drace brother series which are published by Phaze Books and The Tycoon Club which is published by Red Rose Publishing.
8. What is a typical writing day like for you? I try to write at least a couple of chapters a day with my books. If I get the chance I try to at least rest on Sat. or Sun from writing and take those two days just to read. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesnâ€™t. ïŠ
9. Is there anything else that you would like your readers to know about you? I just wanted them to know that I really do appreciate all the support they have given me over the years and that they continue to enjoy my books.
10. How may we, as readers, learn more about you and your books? (Websites, blogs, etc.) Readers can find out more about me at the following places.
â€¢ Official Site: www.freewebs.com/irwriter/
â€¢ Official Blog: shopdiva28.blogspot.com/
â€¢ Official Yahoo Loop: groups.yahoo.com/group/marie_rochelle/
â€¢ Official Yahoo Discussion Loop: groups.yahoo.com/group/MarieRochelle2/
Lastly, I want to thank CataNetwork so much for taking the time to interview me. I had so much fun answering the questions. ïŠ
Thank you so much for taking time out to talk to us at CataNetwork.